Jane Doe relies on the dedication of its volunteers to provide quality service to survivors and those at risk of sexual abuse. Our two volunteer teams provide opportunities for anyone to get involved and make a difference!
The Office Team serves as front office receptionists at Jane Doe’s main office in Ellisville, MO. Team members are responsible for tasks like answering phone calls, accepting deliveries and drop-offs, and helping clients complete initial intake paperwork. The team also helps with various other projects around the office on an as-needed basis. The Office Team gets to interact directly with Jane Doe clients and staff members.
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- Comfortable talking on the phone in a professional manner
- Comfortable using a PC, Microsoft Office, and Google programs
- Pass a background check, including a credit check
- Commit to at least one 3-hour shift per week on a Monday-Friday from 9am-12pm, 1-4pm, or 4-7pm for a period of at least 12 consecutive months
How to Join:
- Attend a Volunteer Information & Orientation Session (see below for details, click HERE to register)
- Complete an official application and consent to a background check
- Complete a one-on-one interview with a Jane Doe staff member
If everything is approved, then you will sign up for shifts and start volunteering!
The Fundraising Team works independently to create and execute individual fundraisers benefiting Jane Doe. Members of the Fundraising Team are provided with the platform to create individual fundraising pages online and run campaigns throughout the year. Team members also do independent fundraisers like bake sales, benefit concerts, and restaurant partnerships. The Fundraising Team is ideal for volunteers of any age who want to give back on their own schedule and make an immediate difference.
- Commit to executing at least 2 fundraisers every 12 months
- Ability to send and receive email messages
How to Join:
- Click HERE to join the team database
- Check your email regularly for tips, tools, and special events
- Start fundraising!
Volunteer Information & Orientation Sessions
Information & Orientation Sessions are a great time to meet a Jane Doe staff member, learn about our services, and ask questions about what it’s like to be a volunteer. If you are applying for the Office Team, then you are required to attend a session before submitting your official application and again at least once every 12 months. If you want to join the Fundraising Team, then the sessions are optional.
Sessions are held the first Tuesday of March, June, September, and December at 6pm at the Jane Doe office located at 209 Clarkson Executive Park, Ellisville, MO 63011. To register for an Information & Orientation Session, please click HERE or on the image below.